WANTED: IT Ops Engineer – Intern
Concurrent Systems builds software products to enable mobile operators to create advanced subscriber benefit provisioning solutions.
We are seeking a driven and talented IT Ops Engineer Intern who will work with our Support Team to offer the best service and support to our customers.
If you are a match to the requirements below send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to chat to you!
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our IT Ops Interns will address customer issues and resolve them in a timely and efficient manner by interacting with customers on a variety of channels such as phone, email, and social media, and ensuring that all valid customer concerns are being dealt with immediately.
The following minimum requirements are a prerequisite for applying for this vacancy:
- Degree or Diploma in IT, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 6 months experience in a similar role is preferable, but graduates to be considered
- Fully equipped home office
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following accountabilities:
- Periodic standby to shadow 24 hour emergency support calls
- Expected to excel in linux and database administration during the period of internship
- Learn and follow ITIL processes
- Occasionally work closely with Project Manager and Support Manager, to coordinate product rollout activities on customer networks
- Document customer upgrade procedures
- Perform maintenance on customer sites during low traffic periods, i.e. around midnight;
- Occasional assistance with product testing
Skills and Capabilities
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Strong SQL skills, including writing SQL queries;
- Basic C/C++ skills;
- Basic IP Network knowledge;
- A GSM background will be considered a plus;
- The ability to perform operating system installations and software installations;
- Ability to read and understand XML and Bash Scripts;
- Strong root cause analysis and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated documenting and reporting skills
- Unix / Linux / Solaris certification advantageous